9/10/08

I'm disappointed in society

We just got the following email regarding a custom t shirt request:

"I've looked for a certain shirt for weeks and haven't found anything, so I'm hoping you can help me. Im wanting a shirt with the vote McCain 08 image with "keep the white house white" under the image. Help?"

I responded with the following: "As I think your idea is insanely racist and disgusting, not to mention that I do not support McCain or Palin, I'm sorry but we'll have to pass on this custom request."

What is wrong with people? I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but ...comon! I sit here wondering how the polls are really as close as they are and then you get an email like this reminding you of the type of people that vote along with you in this country. It's sad, shocking and maddening all at the same time.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a right to your opinion. You even have the right to put it on a t-shirt and wear it in public. (Along with your right to show your own stupidity.)

The T-shirt company has the right not to make it for you.

Don't be sad, it will look better in crayon anyway.

Anonymous said...

BurnTees,

Its Me again...

Just in case there is any confusion, I was addressing the previous post to the person who make the request, even though he/she will probably never see it.

Thank you for not taking the order. That is the problem you face when you deal with the public. 50% of the people are in the bottom half of any group or category.

Anonymous said...

My wife told me a few days ago that one of her uncles is torn because he leans conservative, but he doesn't like McCain, but he refuses to vote for a black guy - even though he admitted that he's got more in common with Obama on the issues. He's likely just to stay home on election day. People can talk about how evolved we are as a society, but these people are still out there, and more common than we realize. It's disheartening.

Niche Design said...

Wow, I don't know what to say about that request that you didn't already say in your reply. It's great that you replied to them with such honesty instead of simply ignoring it. I don't know if people's minds can be changed, but without folks like you standing up for what's right we'd still be living in a pre-civil rights society. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed by your lack of humor.

BurnTees said...

"I'm disappointed by your lack of humor."

i have a great sense of humor but i fail to see any humor in this email nor did i sense any sarcasm.

Anonymous said...

i don't disagree with your decision. however, the fact that you were surprised by this to me bespeaks of a high level of naivete.

many many white americans have a negative view of blacks, hispanics, etc....and i daresay that this negative view flows from the other directions as well (as you might have seen in videos of obama's church).

whatever ethnicity you happen to be, try heading down to an enclave of differing ethnicity in any major urban center in america at night and you will see what i mean.